The best time of year calls for the best Christmas recipes. These recipes can be the new best thing you make to bring to family gatherings especially around the holidays. The secret ingredient? Cannabidiol (CBD).
CBD is used in a ton of different ways including an add-on to many recipes. Read on for more information on the top recipes you can make this year for friends and family.
How to Include CBD in Holiday Recipes
Like previously stated, CBD can be versatility used. It can come in different forms like: capsules, oils, topicals, gummies, and even dog treats! Most use CBD for issues like anxiety, insomnia, joint pain, arthritis, and more. It’s a great added supplement to anyone’s lifestyle.
The popular trend now is CBD-infused food and drinks. This means that CBD is infused with a specific food or drink mostly by using flavored CBD oils or tinctures. It can be cooked in the comfort of your own home.
Some might be hesitant as to using CBD because of the association with cannabis. Fear not, cannabidiol is non-psychoactive. It also contains less than 0.3% THC meaning you get to enjoy the benefits of CBD in full without worrying about getting your guests or even you high before the night is over!
Read More: CBD-Infused Drink Recipes
With Christmas around the corner, you are probably already thinking of all the recipes and Christmas dinner ideas like sweet potatoes, prime rib, or any festive side dishes to really make it the best holiday season. Amp up this year’s holiday treats by using CBD.
Here are some CBD-infused Christmas recipes that will surely make an easy Christmas season for all your loved ones.
Most popular drink around Christmas Eve? Eggnog! Now, you can make CBD-infused Eggnog with these ingredients and directions below.
- 2 cups of unsweetened almond milk
- 4 cups of frozen coconut shavings
- A couple of cubes of ice
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 4 drops of cinnamon-flavored CBD tincture
- ⅛ teaspoon of salt
- ⅛ teaspoon of nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Simply mix all ingredients in a blender to create a smooth texture and pour in glasses to enjoy!
Christmas Trifle with CBD Whipped Cream
Christmas trifles are something not only tasty to eat but beautiful to look at. This CBD-infused recipe will be a great idea for dessert and may even outshine the Christmas tree!
- 1 ½ cups of sponge cake that can be cut in halves or thick slices
- ½ cup of jello (orange or strawberry flavored depending on preference)
- 1 ¾ cup of frozen fruit (oranges, strawberries, raspberries, etc.)
- 3 tablespoons of fruit juice
- 2 cups of whipped cream
- 2 pipettes of Orange Blossom Tincture
- Add the pieces of sponge cake into a trifle bowl, coat with the fruit juice and let it soak for 5-10 minutes
- Lay fruit evenly over the sponge
- Place the jello into a microwavable dish and cover with ½ cup of cold water. Microwave for 1 minute and stir well. Add 2 cups of cold water into the mixture.
- Add this liquid to the trifle bowl covering the fruit and refrigerate until it’s set
- Once this is done, add a layer of custard
- Add a thick layer of whipped cream and slowly add the CBD oil to cover the cream
- Decorate the layer with chopped fruit of your choice and enjoy!
Read More: Sweet CBD Dessert Recipes You’ll Love
Whether you’re making mashed potatoes, turkey, or even ham, you’re going to want to add a delicious gravy to your dishes. What’s better than CBD-infused gravy? Nothing!
- 1 tablespoon of CBD butter
- ¼ cup of flour (all-purpose)
- 2 cups of turkey broth
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- Put butter into a large saucepan over medium heat
- Let the butter melt and then sprinkle in the flour. Using a spoon, stir continuously until the mixture forms into a thicker form. Continue stirring for a couple more minutes.
- Whisk in the hot liquid within the mixture of salt and pepper. Then incorporate the broth to where all ingredients are fully incorporated
- Bring the gravy to a simmer and continue stirring until it reaches your desired form or consistency. Enjoy!
Read More: CBD Recipes You Need to Try
Whatever you decide to make for this year’s Christmas, make sure to keep CBD in mind. Cannabidiol can make your go-to recipes more delicious than you ever thought possible.
Look out for reputable brands to purchase your CBD oils and even think about trying different CBD products to further your experience. Regardless of personal preference, home cooks, like yourself, are mainly about bringing fun and new energy in the kitchen to feed your loved ones.
Keep in mind, these recipes aren’t solely for the red and green Christmas season. You’re welcome to use any of these meal ideas for any other occasion all year long.